PetSure Equine provides cover on Vet bills for things like:
- Consultation / Examinations / Visit Fees
- Travelling Fees
- Gastro Intestinal Problems
- Injectable Drugs
- Intra-Articular Injections
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Surgical Procedures under General Anaesthetic
- Physiotherapy or Acupuncture (authorised by a registered Vet)
- Routine Care Cover
The Routine Care Cover benefit is included in your monthly premium and may be utilised towards any of the following treatments, if rendered and provided by a registered Vet:
- Annual Vaccination
- Tick and Flea Control
- Dental Corrections
- Waiting Period: One Calendar Month from start date for accidental injury and Two Calendar Months from inception date for illness
- Join date will always be the 1st of a month.
- Horses must be between the ages of six months and 15 years old to join.
- Once on cover your horse is covered for life providing your premiums are kept up to date.
- Claims are paid according to the PetSure Equine Tariff Rate. This internal tariff of fees is based on usual and customary Veterinary charges and is reviewed annually.
- There is an excess deductible percentage with a minimal value per claim (refer Benefits and Premium Schedule).
- There is no excess deductible on Routine Care claims.
- A policy year is the 12-month period between the anniversaries of the horse’s start date.
- Benefits renew on the anniversary of the horse’s start date.
- Annual refers to the 12-month period between the anniversaries of the horse’s start date.
- ANNUAL REVIEW IN PREMIUMS AND BENEFITS EFFECTIVE 1st MARCH EACH YEAR.
Requirements: When you apply for horse insurance you will be asked to sign or agree a declaration confirming that you have disclosed any information that may affect the application. This includes information on your horse’s state of health and previous veterinary history.
Veterinary Certificates: Veterinary Certificates not older than 6 months are required for this cover at the inception of the policy.